Following our recent update regarding re-opening we have received a number of queries. We have tried to answer these below
- Testing of students and staff is paramount to keeping our academy as safe as possible for everyone and is in line with current government guidance.
- All students should arrive via the Stonehill Rise entrance on their first day back
- All Students must arrive at the Academy at the return time stated on your letter. This arrangement has been made to ensure we can supervise the testing process and maintain social distancing
- Students who have consent to take the test will be directed to the Sports Hall on arrival
- Students who do not have consent WILL NOT be tested.
- Can I change my mind about being tested? If a parent/carer or student changes their mind about being tested, please inform the Academy as soon as possible or students to speak to a member of staff in the testing station when they arrive in school
- If your child is anxious about the test process - please visit our website for some helpful advice and guidance on how the testing is conducted. The test takes approx. 30 seconds.
- Following your child’s negative test results, they will enter the main Academy buildings and will remain in the Academy for the rest of the day.
- School buses will be running as normal from Monday 8th
- Y7 and Y8 students should continue to work online on Monday 8th
- Staff conducting the testing have received the necessary training
- Face coverings - students will be given 2 new face coverings as they arrive at the Academy. Students are expected to wear a face covering when in classrooms, moving around the academy, outside classrooms such as in corridors and communal areas.
Any further questions you may have please contact your child’s Learning Manager as listed below: