We believe that students should gain a firm understanding of what music is through listening, singing, playing, evaluating, analyzing, and composing across a wide variety of historical periods, styles, traditions, and musical genres. We are committed to ensuring children understand the value and importance of music and are able to use their musical skills, knowledge, and experiences to involve themselves in music, in a variety of different contexts. Our music curriculum will give students a chance to:
- Recognise features of various genres;
- Develop the confidence to perform;
- Use ideas creatively to compose music in a variety of styles and structures;
- Demonstrate tolerance of others’ opinions and ideas;
- Take ownership of their own creative work;
- Work with others to solve problems;
- Support and show respect to others when performing;
- Use a variety of musical instruments and Music Software;
- Be involved in all aspects of music making.
|Click here for the curriculum Scheme of Work||Click here for the Curriculum Intent|
Here is the learning journey showing a summary of key learning points at each stage. For further detail please see the SoW above.