We believe that students deserve a creative and ambitious mathematics curriculum, rich in skills and knowledge, which ignites curiosity and prepares them well for everyday life and future employment. Our mathematics curriculum will give students the opportunity to:
- become fluent in the fundamentals of mathematics, through varied and frequent practice with increasingly complex problems over time, so that pupils develop conceptual understanding and the ability to recall and apply knowledge rapidly and accurately;
- reason mathematically by following a line of enquiry, conjecturing relationships and generalisations, and developing an argument, justification or proof using mathematical language;
- can solve problems by applying their mathematics to a variety of routine and non-routine problems with increasing sophistication, including breaking down problems into a series of simpler steps and preserving in seeking solutions;
- can communicate, justify, argue and prove using mathematical vocabulary;
- develop their character, including resilience, confidence and independence, so that they contribute positively to the life of the school, their local community and the wider environment.
|Click here for the curriculum Scheme of Work||Click here for the Curriculum Intent|
Here is the learning journey showing a summary of key learning points at each stage. For further detail please see the SoW above.