enquiring and critical outlook on the world. Our History curriculum will give students the opportunity to:
- study issues at a local, national and international level in Ancient, Medieval, Early Modern and Modern time periods;
- understand Britain’s influence on the wider world;
- study the history and influence of different peoples and places across time;
- assess the impact of events on individual and communities;
- be exposed to a high level of historical and conceptual vocabulary;
- learn to interpret a broad range of sources including visual sources and propaganda;
- be exposed to different peoples’ perspectives on issues and events;
- develop an understanding of how to apply and write about historical concepts such as causation; continuity and change; significance; consequence; diversity;
- challenge received wisdom about historical figures and issues;
- develop confidence in orating and debating historical issues and evaluate historical interpretations.
|Click here for the curriculum Scheme of Work||Click here for the Curriculum Intent|
Here is the learning journey showing a summary of key learning points at each stage. For further detail please see the SoW above.